Team Enviro W11, a students’ team from IIT Madras, Chennai chose water and waste management as their sector.
In India, 140,000 tonnes of waste is generated daily, in which only 29% is treated. >15,000 tonnes of plastic waste generated everyday, of which 6,000 tonnes remain uncollected & littered. Segregation of waste, insufficient land fill area, high operational costs and environmental impacts have caused failure of existing centralized waste treatment facilities.
Who is Behind this Project?
The team is led by Ms. Divyapriya G and the team members are
- Divyapriya G
- Sivagami Krishnasamy
- Ramya Selvaraj
- Aravind ES
- Keshav Vijay
What is the Project all about?
- Developing a decentralized community level solar powered pyrolysis unit
- To convert the solid waste to fuel products in less time with minimized environmental impacts
What is the Uniqueness of the Solution?
- Utilizes the solar energy potential to treat the plastic waste with a valuable output
- Presents a pathway for a valuable end product in a resource constrained world
- Reduces the waste volume drastically, transportation cost and dumping space
What is the Potential Market?
- Green Buildings
- Buildings with ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System certification
- Government sectors
- Village Panchayats, Municipal corporation, Hospitals
- Gated communities, Commercial Complexes , SEZ (Special economic zones. Eg. IT sector)
Sivagami Krishnasamy – 9487628920
Ramya Selvaraj – 8754465755
Aravind ES – 9496370768
Interested to Know more about this team? Send a note to email@example.com