Integrative Design Solutions U11, a student-startup team from IITM and Delhi chose urban areas/cities as their project sector.
21.4% of the total electricity consumption in India (283 BU) is in southern Indian states and union territories
- 22% of this electricity consumption is in residential sector
- 97% of the southern peninsular region belongs to warm-humid climate
- 45-50% of the electricity consumption in residential sector is attributed to space conditioning (fans and air-conditioners)
There is a need to ensure the upcoming construction in residential sector in this region to be energy efficient and use renewable energy. To meet these needs, the team has come up with two solutions.
Who is Behind this Project?
The team is led by Mr. Saikiran Kasamsetty and the team members are
- Kanagaraj ganesan
- Abhilash K P
- Saikiran Kasamsetty
- Riddhima Thakur
- Raj Kumar
What is the Project all about?
In order to have energy efficient buildings and ensure use of renewable energy, two solutions have been proposed – indirect-direct evaporative cooling and controls for efficient space conditioning.
What is the Uniqueness of the Solution?
- Can be aligned with the flagship missions of India like Housing for all, solar mission, energy efficiency, make in India etc.
- Human-centric, technology-centric and community living solution
- Modular structure of solutions leading to business sustainability
- Geospatial energy monitoring information system may lead to demand side management programs
What is the Potential Market?
Integration of energy efficiency and renewable energy policies with “housing for all”
- PMAY by 2022 pan India housing demand: 20 million urban households and 30 million rural households @ 2% uptake of solutions i.e. 1 million households @ 45,000/household will translate to business of ~45 billion INR (~0.75 billion USD)
- Possibility of extending the solutions to existing households
- Approach to reach out to the market
- Product launch for consumers: IDEC & Human-centric controls
- Policy implementation funding for PMAY, building energy efficiency, roof top policy, demand side management
Abhilash K P – 8217531293
Kanagaraj ganesan – 9971841354
Riddhima Thakur – 9958429158
Raj Kumar – 8755894952
Interested to Know more about this team? Send a note to email@example.com