EcoStar I4, a students’ team from KCG College of Technology, Chennai did the project in Industries sector.
In the industrial sector, around 30- 40% of heat in I.C engine is wasted from exhaust. This results in loss of power and decrease in efficiency of a vehicle.
Hence the team came up with Exhaust Powered Phone.
Who is Behind this Project?
The team is led by Mr. Mansoor Shakir and the team members are
- Mansoor Shakir
- Aaron Mathews Oommen
What is the Project all about?
To develop exhaust powered phones which will reuse that waste heat and convert it to electricity with the help of a passive mechanical device called TEG. The generated electricity is then used to charge phones (specifically meant for two wheelers only).
What is the Uniqueness of the Solution?
- This prototype has the potential to replace alternators if designed properly.
- It also has the potential of reducing carbon emission by 1%-2%.
- If compared against alternators, it is a passive mechanical device without noise, it has more efficiency, it is less in weight, less size-energy ratio, and long life term.
- It can also be used as an alternate charging source for batteries
- The product will have features like light weight, attaching and removing of product whenever required and an extra connection to charge batteries
What is the Potential Market?
- The final product will fall in the category of commercial/consumer product, which will cover automotive sector of two wheelers.
- The product will be priced fairly(around Rs 1500 or less), so that all the customers will be benefited from it.
- The product will be given warranty and guarantee period.
- The aim is to integrate this product with the automotive sector for product manufacturing and service rendering.
Aaron Oommen – 9645876573
Interested to Know more about this team? Send a note to email@example.com